My best friend seems to be on a roll! She gave me the brilliant gratitude journaling idea which I have started doing religiously. And then out of no where, she told me she had written a contract.
What the F***?
My first reaction was (mind my language, please!): What the F***?!
She then proceeded to tell me that she had created a contract for herself so she could hold herself accountable on living live on her terms.
Hold Yourself Accountable
When you agree to a new job, your employer has you sign an offer letter to ensure you adhere to the terms and do your job with integrity. Why can’t you bind yourself to living a life aligned with your highest truth?
It’s a way to ensure you live your life with integrity, honesty, and goodness. So I read my best friend’s contract and was bowled over. I had to write mine!
My Own Terms for My Life Contract
So here are the terms for my Life Contract.
LIVING YOUR VISION CONTRACT:
- I will live a love driven life.
- I will honor and love myself first and foremost above everything else. I understand that by making my happiness a priority, I will be able to present the best version of my self to others, including loved ones.
- I deserve a good man and I am worthy of healthy, beautiful love.
- I will let go and surrender to where and how life takes me.
- I will find power and peace in surrendering and letting go and will trust the process.
- People, places, or things cannot make me happy. Happiness can come only from within me.
- I am not perfect and neither is anyone else. I will hold myself and my loved ones to high expectations, but also understand life is a work in progress and I am always growing and learning.
What would you write in your contract to yourself? Please share with me in the comments!