Work, deadlines, laundry, dishes! Gosh, too much to do! You don’t know what to focus on because you’re overwhelmed with the long list of to-do items…
When you’re feeling overwhelmed, it’s even more crucial to make time for yourself. Lately, I have been finding myself crunched with time – my website becoming live, working on the sequel of Enchanted Silence, family commitments, and a crazy social calendar! I am finding I don’t have enough time in the day to take care of all the items on my list… It’s definitely time for me to take a break and feel rejuvenated!
Your Happiness is Your # 1 Priority
I want to share some easy, practical suggestions on how to make for yourself. Your happiness is your # 1 priority. When you make time for yourself, you discover your happiness and stillness which in turn you can transfer over to your loved ones. You will then be more tuned into being present for your loved ones.
Discover Your Stillness and Happiness
- Drink Tea- Instead of gulping down coffee, drink tea. Herbal teas are calming and will help you slow down more than coffee.
- Sleep – Take a long, luxurious nap. I just did before writing this post and I feel so fresh!
- Eat Healthy Food – When you’re busy, you tend to slip into habits of eating junk food. Take the time to make a healthy meal that nourishes you.
- Treat Yourself – Go for a manicure or a pedicure. Or get a massage. Whatever is your idea of a luxury, indulging once in a while is highly recommended.
- Exercise – Hit the gym! Or go for a run outside at a gorgeous park or trail.
- Surround yourself with Your Inspiration – I love to read quotes. Perhaps you can read a book that inspires you. Or watch a video or documentary.
- Spend Time with Friends – Go out for a fun night with your girlfriends!
How do you make time for yourself when you’re feeling overwhelmed? I’d love to know! Please share with me in the comments.
Leave a Reply