Ah, it’s not easy to express yourself with family and friends! The people you love and care for the most!
Easier to Communicate With Strangers – There are No Stakes
It’s easier to communicate clearly with people you don’t know. Why? Because you don’t know them, so you don’t really care too much how they feel.
If you’re not happy or feel angry, you won’t think twice. You’ll tell them exactly how you feel and that too in a polite but firm manner.
You Care Too Much About What Loved Ones Think
You care too much what your family or friends think. And so you don’t end up saying anything at all and bottle up your feelings. Or you respond in a passive aggressive way. That doesn’t do any good. Nothing is out in the open.
Ironically, it’s your relationships with your loved ones that most need clear communication.
How Can You Feel More Comfortable?
- Sit down and talk to your loved one
- Write down how you feel in your journal
- Start with baby steps. Express your feelings about something small
- Tell them how much you love them, but that you need to communicate your feelings
- Ask your loved one to tell you how they feel as well
What are your thoughts on this post? Please share with me in the comments.